Katonah, NY . . . a close neighbor to NYC . . . a quaint and charming hamlet in the bucolic township of Bedford in Northern Westchester County
Top 20 reasons why we Love Katonah, NY . . . and counting!
I was reminiscing with a client today who purchased in Katonah and now he and his wife are doing a renovation to add a little more space. He loved that he can take his early-riser 2 year old for a short walk to the village, return home, and then jump on the 7:18 train and be into midtown in 68 minutes.
Katonah . . .It’s all about . . . We want to live in a “downtown” area- the middle of town in a village!
There are many more than 20 reasons to love living in the hamlet of Katonah, NY. Please share what you love about Katonah in the comments below
- Charming and quaint downtown village setting with a Victorian flavor
- Ease of access to NYC -only 46 miles to midtown
- Fascinating 100 yr plus history – Old Katonah/ New Katonah – Read all about it at The Katonah Chamber of Commerce
- Stunning landscape of turn-of-the-century homes
- Lower price tags on most homes than neighbors to the south
- Extensive array of charming abodes to fit every lifestyle
- Eclectic mix of fabulous shops – some with multi-generation ownership and tenure at the same location over many many decades. Katonah landmarks . . . Charles Department Store, Kellogg’s and Lawrence
- Courteous and Friendly shopkeepers
- Vibrant and active Katonah Chamber of Commerce
- Strong community spirit
- No traffic lights
- No high rise buildings
- No warehouse or big brand stores, or the traffic congestion that accompanies
- A variety of cultural experiences
- Exceptional performances at Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts
- Nationally recognized exhibitions, programs, and events at The Katonah Museum of Art
- New York State Historic site -John Jay Homestead - a local gem
- Extensive recreation and sports programs
- Katonah Lewisboro Schools
- Great eateries with delightful proprietors and delicious menu options
share with others in the comments below . . .
- why you purchased here and/or
- why you want to stay here
- why you want to move here
Welcome Home to Katonah, N.Y.
For the highest standards of seller or buyer representation